Nanyang Technological University offers an MSC in Financial Engineering program. The
program equips students with knowledge and exposure to excel in the Business world. The
highlights of the program are-
● Robust Education Resources
● Current and Rigorous Curriculum
● Personal Assessment and Career Development
● Global Financial Market Insights and Perspective
● World-class Faculty and Industry Professionals
● Strong Alumni Network
The Curriculum of the Program
The curriculum of Nanyang MSC in Financial Engineering consists of Financial, Mathematics
and Statistics, Finance and Computing Modules. The Computing Modules are Object Oriented
Programming 1 & 2, Financial Computing, Financial Engineering Project, Programming Web
Applications in Finance, and Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Finance.
The Finance Modules are Corporate Finance, Asset Pricing Theory, Bond Portfolio
Management, Equity Portfolio Management, Derivatives Securities, Interest Rate Derivatives,
Financial Risk Management, Advanced Risk Management, Studies in Financial Engineering,
Term Structure: Theory and Practice, Monetary Economics, Financial Accounting, Exotic
Options, and Structured Products, Credit Risk Measurement and Management, Seminars on
Special Topics, Advanced Topics in FE Studies- Quantitative Management of Bond Portfolio
and Trading Analytics and Processes.
Read more: How to Learn PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
The Financial, Mathematics, and Statistics Modules are Calculus and Linear Algebra, Stochastic
Modeling in Asset Pricing, Stochastic Calculus for Finance, Probability and Statistics, Linear
Financial Models, Financial Time Series Analytics, Numerical Methods for Financial Instrument
Pricing, Advanced Statistical Modeling, and Optimization in Finance.
Preparatory Courses- Preparatory Courses are compulsory courses. The courses prepare
students for the intensive and rigorous program. The preparatory courses are Basic
Mathematics, Matrix Algebra, Vector Space, Differential Calculus, Optimization, Integrated
Calculus, Difference, Differential Equations, and Recommended Texts.
Faculty Members- The faculty members are–
● Professor Charlie Charoenwong- Associate Professor
● Professor Chong Beng Soon- Associate Professor
● Professor Luo Jiang- Associate Professor
● Professor Wu Yuan- Associate Professor
● Professor Xiang Liming- Associate Professor
● Professor Pun Chi Seng- Associate Professor
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
The admission requirements for Nanyang MSC in Financial Engineering program are-
● A Good Undergraduate Degree in applied mathematics, applied science, statistics,
computer science, engineering, and economics.
● Competitive GMAT/GRE scores
● Work experience is preferred but not mandatory
● TOEFL/IELTS score
The Nanyang MSC in Financial Engineering program has two application deadlines. The first deadline is in November and the second deadline is in February.
Step 1- Creation of Online Profile
Step 2- Preparing Supporting Documents
Step 3- Completing the Online Application and Paying the Fees
Step 4- Interview
Step 5- Final Selection
Step 6- Accepting the Offer
Nanyang MSC in Financial Engineering is competitive and rigorous. Students must pay special
attention while completing their applications. To enhance their application students must follow
the following steps.
- The Letters of Recommendation help you to enhance and add weight to your
application. The recommender must be chosen carefully. The recommender can be your
supervisor or professor.
- Making a Resume can be a cumbersome task. Students must edit their resumes well
before submitting them. The resume must be concise, precise, and informative. Avoid
using technical jargon words.
- Practice is the key to excelling in an interview. Students must try to develop confidence
and clarity before the final interview.
- Applicants must prepare the application holistically. They must highlight their academic
credentials, leadership capabilities, and outstanding achievements.
Cost of the Program and Financial Aid
The cost of Nanyang MSC in the Financial Engineering program for the non-CMU track is S $
67,710 and for the CMU track is S $ 73,150. The cost covers the application fee, enrollment fee,
and tuition fees.
The financial aid options are-
● Educational Loans( Maybank, OCBC, and TCC)
● Singapore Citizen and Singapore PR Grant
● NTU Alumni Grant
● Financial Specialist Scholarship
● ASEAN Development Scholarship
● MSC Financial Engineering Merit Scholarships
Abhyank Srinet is a passionate digital entrepreneur who holds a Masters’s in Management degree from ESCP Europe. He started his first company while he was still studying at ESCP, and managed to scale it up by 400% in just 2 years.
Being a B-School Alumni, he recognized the need for a one-stop solution for B-School to get in touch with schools and get their application queries resolved. This prompted him to create MiM-Essay, a one-of-a-kind portal with cutting-edge profile evaluation and school selection algorithms, along with several avenues to stay informed about