Last updated: August 03, 2022, 5:43 PM IST
A sedentary lifestyle means that the lifestyle involves limited or no physical activity. With the advent of technology, children rarely go out to play or engage in physical activity. Your world revolves around screen time and sleep. Therefore, they are less active compared to the previous generation. Physical activity is directly proportional to a person’s well-being. However, your health can be severely affected if you do nothing about it.
Children who lead more sedentary lives spend more time in front of screens, which can be detrimental to their health. Some of the problems your child might face are listed below:
1. It leads to an increase in their body fat
2. Your eyesight will be affected
3. Type 2 diabetes
4. Lack of sleep
6. Eating problems
7. Physical dissatisfaction
9. Screen Addiction Disorder
The problems listed above can have serious consequences, which is why playing outdoor games is crucial for your kids. To change this negative lifestyle of your kids, you need to stop them from using phones and send them away instead. Here’s everything you need to know why:
- Children who play outside are likely to be more active than those who stay indoors.
- Their social skills tend to be strengthened.
- They are likely to have better mental health and fewer peer relationship problems.
- It improves brain structure as well as function.
According to the National Library of Medicine study, school health initiatives that encourage active lifestyles in children and adolescents can go a long way toward improving their health-related quality of life.